Natasha Kohne is a partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP and and co-leader of the firm’s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice, which was named among the top cybersecurity practices in 2017 by BTI Consulting. She also has a cutting-edge international legal practice that focuses on investigations, litigation, regulatory and compliance, often involving complex multi-jurisdictional and cross-border challenges. Her clients include global financial services institutions, sovereign wealth and government-backed vehicles, private equity and hedge fund managers, and other multinational conglomerates in retail, transportation, health, energy and technology. The Daily Journalrecognized Natasha as one of California’s top cyber/artificial intelligence lawyers in both 2018 and 2019 and as a “Top Women Lawyer” in 2017. She is also recommended by The Legal 500 US in Cyber Law in 2017-2019. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, International Association of Privacy Professionals).
Natasha handles a wide range of privacy and cybersecurity matters, including those related to:
- Global, federal, state legislative and regulatory and compliance requirements and processes, including advice relating to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other developing state statutes, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other privacy regimes
- Privacy and cybersecurity-related investigations, enforcement and litigation
- Intersection of cybersecurity and privacy issues with data-focused emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and use of biometrics
- Mitigation and management of cyber intrusions and related privacy and security incident response preparation
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Federal Trade Commission, (FTC) and other regulatory privacy and cybersecurity compliance and regulatory advice
Natasha also represents entities and individuals in U.S., international and cross-border litigation, arbitration and investigations across a wide variety of industries.
She has also served as an international arbitrator and has extensive experience in government and regulatory investigations and in complex commercial disputes before an array of courts and international tribunals in the Middle East, Europe and North America.